Longmont Area Information.
Named for scenic and prominent Long’s Peak, Longmont offers a bustling Main Street and a bounty of family-friendly and outdoor activities, all punctuated by views of the town’s towering “fourteener.” The community is a family town of 95,000 with a flourishing local job market in high tech and healthcare, along with easy access to major business centers in Fort Collins, Denver, and Boulder. It was recently named the #1 Top Boomtown in America by SmartAsset, one of the Best Places to Live in America by Money.com, and received the coveted All-America City Award by the National Civic League.
Culture: Family-Friendly and Forward Moving
Economy: Healthy and Growing
- No. 1 Top Boomtown in America, SmartAsset, 2019
- Voted The Best Place to Live in America, Money.com, 2019
- All-American City Award, National Civic League, 2018
- No.7 Top 10 Best Places to Get a Fresh Start, Livibility.com, 2019
- A Top Digital City in America 2019, The Center for Digital Government (CDG), 2019
- No. 1 Fastest Internet Provider (NextLight™), PC Magazine, 2018
- No. 2 Top 10 Cities for STEM Workers, Livability.com, 2018